Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Valentine or Two



I expected nothing for Valentine's Day. It's so close to our anniversary that I figured we would eventually combine the two holidays and then have a separate celebration or getaway in the Fall. It all made sense in my little mind. But Evan is the King of Trickery, and he surprised me last night with a delicious meal, a babysitter, chai, and this most hilarious book from which he read. It may not have been a candlelit dinner with a dozen roses, but who wants that boring-ness anyway? I much prefer his creative deceit. Someday I'll share how he proposed to me in Annapolis, MD when I was quite certain he was in Dunnellon, FL about to die in a hurricane. Perhaps I'll save that for the anniversary of said proposal.


The main dish that Evan prepared for our dinner last night was brie-stuffed chicken. He found it online in a search for "Valentine meal ideas." Whaddya know? The kitchen is still a mess since we high-tailed it to the coffee shop as soon as the babysitter arrived. I so dread cleaning it, but perhaps memories of the lovely dinner that destroyed kitchen will lighten the load. Or at least lighten my spirit.

4 comments:

Claire said...

What a cutie pie! I have the same outfit for my baby girl!

Claire said...

What a cutie! I have the same romper for my little girl!

Claire said...

I am the biggest dork ever. I didn't notice you had moderation on. Der!

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely way to spend Valentines day..and what great photos of your little one!