Sunday, March 04, 2007

A Late Start

My Sweet Evan took this picture so I could share my finished Kerchief with the world. You can see the color better here than in the previous post. Now I can practically cover myself in green from head to toe. Which looks pretty silly. But gives me great delight all the same.

Last night, we finally got around to watching the first 4 episodes of The Sopranos. We've had the DVD from Blockbuster Online for nearly a month now and simply haven't been in the mood. Well, it was just as dark as I imagined and even more graphic. We got interested enough in the characters to finish the DVD, but we won't be watching anymore. The truth is, there wasn't one person with any redemptive characteristics in the entire show (except maybe the therapist and her boyfriend). It was an exercise in total depravity, which is interesting and even enlightening, but just not what we want to fill our heads with. I had all kinds of weird dreams last night involving guns and fearing my husband would have us all killed and other troubled thoughts. Ugly dreams + Sinus problems = Missed church this morning. I just couldn't pull myself out of bed in time for the early service and then awoke too late for the second one.

So now that my day has finally begun, I think I'm going to skip over to JoAnn's and pick up a couple pairs of knitting needles. I missed the 2-day sale they were having, but I still need a pair, so I'm whipping out the coupon.

2 comments:

Claire said...

:( What a bummer. I am the same way with movies and shows. We just couldn't get into Sopranos because of it. Plus it is depressing that such depravity is found to be entertaining.

Anonymous said...

I heart the kerchief!

I have disturbing dreams often, without even watching shows like The Sopranos (like one recently in which my little girl & I stumbled into a prison and the area in which they performed executions and there were dead bodies everywhere and they were SELLING the dead prisoners belongings, including dolls, birthday crowns, and other things like that. Eeek.) Anyway, I certainly do not need to watch depraved television programs or I'm sure my dreams would be worse!

xo, Grace