Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A Day to Mourn

The VA Tech tragedy hit too close to home. I probably wouldn't have found out about it for sometime (seeing as how I live in a media cave and don't even know what the weather will be like unless someone volunteers such information), but my sister-in-law is a sophomore there and lives in the Ambler-Johnston hall. So this news hit our family pretty fast. The first shooting occurred just two floors above her. She is a wise young woman and chose not to go to class when she heard of the first incident. One girl from her hall was lost in the massacre, and that has been very hard for her. Thankfully, Evan's family lives in Blacksburg, so she has a comfortable refuge from the campus.

Sorry I haven't been regular with my updates. We just moved into our house two weeks ago, and we still have quite a bit of unpacking to do. There's so much I want to do--make curtains, paint pictures for the walls, etc.--and I haven't done anything yet because there are too many boxes left to pick through...

1 comment:

Claire said...

I am so sorry that you guys are so close to this tragedy. I'll be praying for you guys.